I’m a senior lecturer in computing at Aberystwyth University. I’m interested in computer vision, robotics, information security and data science. and I’m also active in the British Computer Society’s women’s group, BCSWomen (I was deputy chair 2008-2012). I’m working in wild wet and windy west Wales, and before that did a year’s contact in France. So you can expect posts on:
- Women in computing
- Teaching stuff (new things I try in the classroom, tips, that kind of thing)
- Reports on conferences and meetings I go to
- Techy stuff (python, c++, …)
- Writing stuff (latex, document preparation, graphics packages)
- Jogging, walking up hills, drawing, writing, dancing, reading and cooking.
- France, and what it was like to live there, and what wound me up, and what was great, and what was funny. (But only if you dig back through the archives.)
I tend to not write so much of the really techy stuff here – I’m not sure why, maybe it’s because my parents read it. If you want to email me, you can mail anything you like (except the word spam) at hannahdee.eu or hannahdee.wales and it should get to me – for example, email@example.com should work just fine.
Note: I am in the process of migrating away from .eu and towards .wales (stupid brexit)